Sunday, April 8, 2007

The Beginning

Hi everybody!! I decided to start a chess webby, after being inspired by Weiming and his most interesting and appealing website, http://www.kgwm.multiply.com/. So much for the web address "flowing afflatus"- which, in layman english means "a flowing creative impulse or divine inspiration". At this juncture, I would also like to mention another substantial attempt by Kwok Foong, which also contributed to my interest in this matter. (somebody please remind me to link him) Thanks also go out to Lim Min for helping me with the web technicalities which seems to have been wiped out of my brain by the massive amounts of elucidation and complex numbers, not to mention the Keynesian theories.

That said, this webby intends to feature chess stuff that are deemed "suitable"- cool, interesting, bombastic, absurd (?). I will attempt to keep this blog running and updated frequently over the course of a few years. By frequently, I hope to make the target of at least 1 post a week, be it an opening discussion, endgame or middlegame discussion, summary of chess training in school, or simply some interesting facts. In fact, my next post would be on Magnus Carlsen, a most prodigious young player who has already made it to the top 30 in the World Ranking list.

Through this website, I intend to 1) improve my writing skills, 2) improve my paragraph organisation skills (crap I will probably fail my econs if i start listing the irrelevant points before the main points like I just did) 3) enhance my knowledge about certain positions while I attempt to comprehend and re-explain them here in a simple but concise manner, and 4) to give those who are keen on chess a good and enjoyable time. This website also serves as a dedication to the RJC Chess Club. Chess Club matters will also be posted up here regularly and if you happen to miss a coaching session and are keen enough to catch up on the stuff you missed out, hopefully u can find it here too.

Oh, and i havent introduced myself yet! I'm Timothy Wee, for short timwee (among my acquaintances and friends). "Associate Poster" will be Xiuhuan, who has joined me in this quest. So hope to see many readers. Do post comments, and anything about Chess Club stuff. I will endeavour to reply you all as soon as possible, probably on a daily basis! =)

No comments: